- What is Fredericksburg Wine Road 290? WR290 is an association of 16 wineries located in the Texas Hill Country AVA, on a 45 mile stretch of US Highway 290 from Johnson City to Fredericksburg. See our map for details.
- Is Wine Road 290 a tour? No it is an association of separate wineries but we work together to give people an opportunity to enjoy this primary center of Texas Wine, Fredericksburg. With wineries located closely together, near the beautiful and fun historic town of Fredericksburg, it is no wonder that Orbitz Travel called this the "2nd most visited wine region in the US only behind Napa." Although Wine Road 290 is not a tour itself there are tour companies that operate out of Fredericksburg (and some from Austin and San Antonio as well).
- Do all the Wine Road 290 wineries have the same hours? No they don't. You can click on each winery from the home page or the navigation bar above to see what the hours are for each one.
- Do all the wineries charge tasting fees? For the most part, yes. The fees vary and so does the tasting. Some wineries include an imprinted glass and the number of tastes can vary as well. The range of tasting fees is about $5 to $15. Also, some wineries will refund your tasting fee with a certain level of purchase (like 3 or 6 bottles of wine). Most also offer case discounts.
- Is there any onsite lodging at the wineries? Messina Hof has lodging and Fiesta Winery has the Historic Rocky Hill B&B's on their property.
- Where are you located? Click on this map and directions link or the navigation bar above to see a map of our location.
- Does anyone offer wine tours for Wine Road 290? Yes. Please check our Wine Limo and Tour Companies link. Each tour company knows our member wineries well, and would be happy to help arrange a tour, tasting and beautiful drive through the Texas Hill Country, according to your budget and interests. As a reminder, it is against TABC state law to serve alcohol to minors or to anyone intoxicated. No outside alcoholic beverages may be brought on premises.