Homespun Kitchen & Bar
131 E. Mercer Street
Dripping Spring, TX 78620
Phone: (512)829-4064 to reserve your place
We have done two “wine maker dinners” at Homespun Kitchen & Bar in Dripping Springs! Both are at the top of our list of bringing FANTANSTIC food together with wine, perfectly paired to enhance the value of both. Following is the menu for NOVEMBER 30 at Homespun Kitchen & Bar, with the wines:
· Flank Steak – Prime flank steak from Certified Angus Beef seared a la plancha and served with chimichurri sauce and roasted potatoes, paired with TORO de TEJAS (Tempranillo).
· Poblano and Corn Chowder – Farmhouse chowder made with country bacon, poblano peppers, sweet corn from J&B Farms in Hondo and potatoes from Buena Tierra in Fredoinia. Finished with cream and chives, served with Pinot Grigio.
· Ahi Tostadita – Mini tostada topped with refried black beans, jack cheddar cheese, togarashi seared ahi tuna and wasabi crema, served with Rosato di Sangiovese.
· Cacio e Pepe – Ancient Roman pasta dish that means “cheese and pepper.” Made with cracked pepper, extra virgin olive oil from Hill Country Olive Company and Romano cheese from Honey Doe Farms in Madisonville, served with Sangiovese.
· Salmon with Beets – Pan seared wild Atlantic salmon marinated in Mediterranean spices then seared in butter and extra virgin olive oil. Served with roasted beets from Johnson’s Backyard Garden, red onion, tangerine and almonds, served with Chardonnay 2014.
· Ancho Fudge Brownie – fudge brownie with chocolate chunks, cinnamon, espresso and ancho chile. Served with chocolate ganache and vanilla ice cream and with Orange Moscato.
Kathy and I will be there to enjoy the evening and suggest you call the number above, immediately, so you don’t miss reserving your place. Experience says that you will not leave hungry or thirsty! They are charging $88.00 per person (plus tax & tip). Wine club does not get extra discounts, sorry!